For Individuals & Families
The Marketplace is a new way to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. With one application, you can see all your options and enroll. Every health insurance plan in the new Marketplace will offer essential health benefits, including doctor visits, preventive care, hospitalization, prescriptions, and more. You can compare plans based on price, benefits, quality, and other features important to you before you make a choice. Insurance plans in the Marketplace are offered by private companies, and they cover the same core set of essential health benefits. No matter where you live, you’ll be able to compare your health insurance options in the Marketplace and find a health plan that meets your needs and fits your budget. There will also be new protections for you and your family. Health insurance companies can’t deny you coverage or charge you more due to pre-existing health conditions, and they can’t charge women and men different premiums.
7 Things You Can Do To Get Ready Now
- Explore current options. You may be able to get coverage now through existing programs. Visit HealthCare.gov to learn more about health insurance for adults up to age 26 and programs for people and children in families with limited incomes including Medicaid and CHIP.
- Learn about different types of health coverage. Through the Marketplace, you’ll be able to choose a health plan that gives you the right balance of costs and coverage. You can be better prepared if you understand the types of coverage you’ll choose from.
- Make a list of questions you have before it’s time to choose your health plan. For example, “Can I stay with my current doctor?” or “Will this plan cover my health costs when I’m traveling?”
- Make sure you understand how insurance works, including things like premiums, deductibles, out-of-pocket maximums, copayments, and coinsurance. You’ll want to consider these details while you’re exploring your options. Visit HealthCare.gov to learn more about how insurance works.
- Gather basic information about your household income. Most people using the Marketplace will qualify to save money. To find out how much you’re eligible for, you’ll need income information like the kind you get on your W-2, pay stubs, or tax return.
- Set your budget. There will be different types of health plans to meet a variety of needs and budgets. You’ll need to figure out how much you want to spend on premiums each month.
- Ask your employer if it plans to offer health insurance in 2015. If not, you may need to get insurance through the Marketplace or from other sources in 2015.
Explore the Marketplace Now
Open enrollment starts November 15, 2014. Coverage starts as soon as January 1, 2015. Let us help you. We can assist you at no-cost by answering questions and enrolling you into the marketplace. Click here if you would like to make an appointment to enroll or call us at 1888-670-6798. We also accept walk-ins at the following locations:
ACCESS Community Health & Research Center:
6450 Maple Street, Dearborn, MI 48126 P: 313-216-2200 (Monday-Friday 9am – 5pm)
4301 East 14 Mile Road, Sterling Heights, MI 48310 P: 586-722-6036 (Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm)
963 Allen Street, Ferndale, MI 48220 (Tuesdays & Thursdays 12 pm – 6 pm)
ACCESS Social Services:
6451 Schaefer Road, Dearborn, MI 48126 P: 313-945-8167 (Monday-Friday 9am – 5pm)
2651 Saulino Court, Dearborn, MI 48120 P: 313-842-7010 (Monday-Friday 9am – 5pm)