Prepare to Enroll - Businesses
8 Things You Can Do To Get Your Business Ready Now
- Make sure you understand how insurance works. For example, you’ll want to understand the difference between premiums and out-of-pocket costs, like deductibles and copayments. You’ll want to compare these details to help determine which plans are right for you and your employees. Visit HealthCare.gov to learn more about how insurance works.
- Learn about different types of health insurance. Through SHOP, you’ll be able to choose a level of coverage that gives you and your employees the right balance of cost and benefits.
- Learn about SHOP.You’ll want to understand how SHOP works, which businesses qualify, and how using SHOP can benefit you and your employees.
- Start thinking about when to begin coverage. You’ll need to choose a month to start coverage. Consider what timing would work best for you and your employees.
- Set your budget. Think about how much money you’re able to spend for group coverage. You’ll also need to consider how much your employees can spend for their coverage.
- Get organized. You’ll want to have basic information about your business organized and available, like a list of employees you plan to cover and your tax ID number.
- Make a list of questions you have before it’s time to choose which health plans you’ll offer. Consider what’s most important for your budget and your employees.
- Look for help. Licensed agents and brokers may be able to help you with your SHOP options at no additional cost to you and your employees. You also may continue using your current licensed agent or broker to buy health insurance through SHOP.
Click here if you would like to make an appointment to enroll or call us at 1-888-670-6798.